Monday, June 29, 2009

Bloom and Grow

Happy Monday! Hope you had a great weekend! I know that I did. It is good to be home ~ and big applause for the airlines that I traveled on yesterday. I arrived on time and took off on time for all three legs of my trip!
Onto the project for today!
This one I have been so excited to share! It is one that I made for a special swap group that I belong too. And the trades that I recieved were totally fabulous!!! To make this little cutie, I crocheted tons of little 6 petal flowers to match the Marvy 6 petal punch. I used buttons and wire to stick all the layers together. To make the round flower, I punched two sizes of circles (blue and pink Marvy) and then made cute about 1/4 way into the circle all the way around. I stuck some floral foam into the cans and added some spanish moss to keep the wired stems in place. I am loving the crocheted flowers! I made a bunch more on the plane. Great way to pass the time on those 3 1/2 hour flights! The stamp set is one that retired from TAC - sorry... :( but there are a lot of companies that have "bloom and grow" sayings - or any flower like saying would be ideal.
If you are local and have been following my Google calendar - please notice that I have moved my catalog reveal party to THIS THURSDAY. Please RSVP. Thanks. ;)
Happy crafting and Inky hugz!

No comments: