Sunday, January 30, 2011

Heart Sachet


Here is a quick project that I made this morning. Not much to craft this weekend - work had to take priority. :(
I first cut a heart shape out - traced something I had lying around my craft room - on muslin. I chose a loose weave muslin so that the potpourri smell might be stronger. I sewed the heart together (leaving a little bit open on the side for the potpourri) and added lace trim and some ribbon to the top for a hanger. I stamped Damask Background by The Angel Company (tm) using Bordeaux Palette ink and "love" onto a little swatch of muslin that I stitched around and frayed the edges.  I attached the saying using some adhesive and added the little bow made from Scrapper's Floss. I then distressed it using some Burnt Umber Palette ink and a sponge. Last - added some yummy pecan vanilla potpourri and stitched the opening close. Yummy!



2 comments:

Rita W said...

How awesome!! It's to die for!

Holly said...

{love} it!!!