Monday, January 24, 2011

Embossed Velvet Tutorial


Hi! Back again with another tutorial. I had a good time putting the last one together - so thought that I would give it another shot. This one is how to create embossed velvet using a rubber stamp, iron and rayon velvet. My lovely friend Holly hosted a technique challenge for "angels" (The Angel Company demonstrators) this past fall and my technique was embossed velvet. I love this technique! Here is the card that I created for the swap. Notice the detail in the black from the stamp image embossed into it. I also used cotton velvet (white heart) and stamps the image using Momento Tuxedo Black - as well for the saying.
 
Like it? So here is how to do it!
Set a DRY iron on cotton setting.

  Spritz the wrong side of the RAYON velvet with water - lightly spritz.
 
 Place the velvet wrong side up on top of the rubber stamp.

Place the iron straight down onto the velvet. Lightly move the iron for about 30 seconds. Lift the iron straight up off of the velvet. Let cool for a few seconds.













 Remove the velvet from the stamp. Voila!
The velvet will fray like crazy. I use Fray Check around the edges to help stop this. Cutting with pinking shears will help too.






No comments: