Monday, July 23, 2007

Wow! Contest Winner!!! Woo-hoo!!!


One of my first posts was a picture of a "sneak peak" that I mentioned I had sent into The Angel Company for a contest. Well, I won!! woo-hoo! The contest was called WoW! In honor of The Angel Company's 10 year anniversary, I made them a cake. Now, not just any cake - a paper crafted cake!!! The cake base is made of round hat boxes, covered with Kaleidoscope Brightes cardstock from The Angel Company. Flowers are from Heidi Swapp, I used a white Signo pen to draw the white doodles all over, Doodle Bug paper posies, colored spirals, Doodle Bug Raspberry flower sequins, stickles, and Handbags and Tags Creative Components from The Angel Company. I covered the flowers from this with Sunshine Yellow Palette ink. The white trim around the cake top and bottom of each layer is pleated white card stock. The pink bows on the bottom layer are made from paper from the Kaleidoscope Brights paper pack too. Phew! It was a totally fun project, but took some time as well.
I have been stamping away at a swap with my fellow "angels" of new stamp sets. I'll try to post some of those picts as I finish up - and will of course share when I get my swaps in return.

3 comments:

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Amazing paper creation! I can imagine that it took forever! Stunning!
:-)

Angela said...

I LOVE this!!! You did an excellent job and so deserved to win that contest!!! I love it!

Heather Devino said...

Wow! I mean WOW! Just awesome!