Thursday, October 25, 2007

FUN in Atlanta with 4-H!!!



Wow! What an awesome week this has been in Atlanta!!! It is always great to get together with my 4-H colleagues! I learn so much and we have so much fun!!! The highlights of the conference have been getting my photo taken with Jennifer Nettles of Sugar Land ~black shirt, cacky pants ~ (who is a former Georgia 4-Her), hearing some very awesome speakers - this morning was CNN's Nancy Grace ~ a former Georgia 4-Her ~ and one of the afternoons, three of us got the opportunity to check out the Atlanta Apparel mart ~ and yesterday was an awesome afternoon of shopping at the Lenox mall!!! Where was the conference!?!? LOL I attended some fantastic workshops and can't wait to get home to get to working on some new programs for our Alaska 4-Hers!!! And tonight will be exciting as well! I will receive the award that I won for my work with the Air Force youth on Eielson AFB. What an honor!!!



AND... total change of topic... I won a contest with The Angel Company!!! It was called "flower power." And here it is!!! The mushroom hat made out of Frutti Fusion 8x8 paper pack! I covered it with contact paper on both sides, used a McCall's pattern, sewing it together, added a bit of ribbon and the lovely Prima flower!!! Fun ~ and cute! I would totally wear this!!!! :)


And if you are in for a bit of online shopping, check out my website for some GREAT deals on select 8x8 paper packs from The Angel Company that are retiring ~ only $3.50!!! Can't beat that! Get them while they last!!!! http://candi.ismyangel.net/


Have a great day ~ and I'll write when I get home from Atlanta ~ in my new house!!!!!


Keep it inky,


Candi

2 comments:

Jewels said...

Yay Candi! That looked like a great trip, and congrats on both of your honors! It's always fun to hear what you're up to!

Karen said...

This is great! I just saw it featured on TAC's site under the Savvy Projects Blog! I'm so glad you won something for it. That opens up a whole bunch of sewing ideas that I never would have even though of!Karen Troyer Angel #403