Sunday, April 4, 2010

Birthday Thank Yous


Well - I turned 35 this week. I keep telling myself it is just a number - but another milestone in life too! I have the terrific girlfriends here - and a very sweet hubby... He contacted my girlfriends before he left for his TDY and these girls - they rock! (so does hubby!) ... they planned this very fun surprise birthday for me and Saturday night. I sat with my friend Jen at the bazaar all day on Saturday and she was good... I didn't have a clue! Alysia brought over Mexican food for dinner and just as we were finishing up - Jen, Kara and Rori showed up with a yummmy chocolate cake, balloons, and fun birthday gifts! LOVING my new Lolita Margarita birthday wine glass -and the Moscato was yummy too. Anyway... that was fun - and then Monday Aleisa cooked birthday lunch for me (Jen & Robert and Christine joined in!) and this cake that was to die for! It was a yellow cake with vanilla pudding - two layers - and inbetween the layers was Nutella. Yumm! Chocolate frosting covered the cake too. So yummy! What a terrific Birthday - even with hubby out of the country... totally a day to remember! :) So with that - I just had to make the girls thank you cards. I received the You Rock stamp set from Taylored Expressions and was soo looking for a reason to use it. So - "You Rock" thank you cards it is! I pretty much cased a card that I found on the Taylored Expressions blog - but changed up the colors and a made mine a bit simpler - yet more distressed. The You Rock stamp actually has the saying in one line - but I cut it in half and made it two lines instead. I also made envelopes for the cards because I didn't have any to fit a 5 1/2" square card. So easy! LOVED it! Fun too!
Notice the blanket that I put these on? I thought that the colors matched nicely - AND wanted to share a pict of one of my winter crochet projects. I become a crocheting fool December and January! I crocheted three afghans and TONS of little flowers. I have been trying to use up my rather extensive yarn stash. Getting there!
Have fantastic week!

No comments: