Thursday, July 24, 2008

Camp and Cards!




Where has July gone? We haven't had much July weather this July, that is for sure! It has been raining and chilly! The mountains even have snow.


Last week I attended Operation Purple Camp that our awesome ASYMCA (Armed Services YMCA) put on for 140 military youth ages 9 - 15. Yes, 140 kids! Michelle from the ASYMCA did a fantastic job with the camp, as did the Boy Scout Staff and volunteers that assisted. I had two teens with me to document the week and they made a video for the closing on Saturday night. As you can imagine, with that many kids, there was some drama, a bunch of really great times, and with three - maybe four days of rain ~ lots of mud and wet clothes. The kids were troopers though! And the volunteers went above and beyond. Some of the kids and volunteers stayed in tents too. I bet you can guess that I was not one of them! LOL I did come home with a new appreciation for my bed, bathtub, warm water, and not only having peanutbutter and jelly sands as a second choice for every meal! I ate more PBJ last week than I have in the past two years! LOL Pretty much to go anywhere at camp, one had to go downhill ~ and then to get back, uphill... so I also toned up a bit and lost about 5 lbs! I would do it again! Can't wait until next year! :)


Okey, onto the stamping! Here is another card to share! All prodcuts, stamps are from The Angel Company. It was a "no pick" for the new catalog. I like the monochromatic feel.

This weekend I am finally having my new catalog reveal/Open House! I am excited to be getting together with some of my stamping friends again!

No comments: